Depending on whether you’re biking in summer or in winter, the gloves you use will differ as well.
If you choose the wrong gloves, you may suffer from blisters or even from inadequate protection. Some gloves even have additional armor to protect you from huge impact if you hit a tree or a rock with your hand.
Here are some of the best mountain bike gloves for long distance biking. You’ll find a buying guide at the bottom of the article as well.
|MOREOK Shock-Absorbing Breathable Anti Slip Cycling Gloves Half Finger Bike Bicycle Gloves Gel Padded Mountain Bike Road Bike Riding Gloves for Men and Women (Green, L)||Prime||Buy Now|
|INBIKE MTB BMX ATV Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Gloves Men Orange||Prime||Buy Now|
|Seibertron Dirtpaw Unisex BMX MX ATV MTB Racing Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Off-Road/Dirt Bike Gloves Road Racing Motorcycle Motocross Sports Gloves Touch Recognition Full Finger Glove Black L||Prime||Buy Now|
|HTZPLOO Bike Gloves Bicycle Gloves Cycling Gloves Mountain Biking Gloves with Anti-Slip Shock-Absorbing Pad Breathable Half Finger Outdoor Sports Gloves for Men||Prime||Buy Now|
|QEPAE Breathable Cycling Gloves Anti-Slip Full Finger Gel Gloves for Bicycle Riding Skiing, Gorgeous Color, Medium||Prime||Buy Now|
Best Mountain Bike Gloves
Here are some options you have when choosing a mountain bike glove. The list is not exhaustive but it’s a good start.
1. MOREOK Shock-Absorbing Gloves
First on the list is a pair of gloves by MOREOK. Like most mountain bike gloves, this one also uses a Terry Cloth design as it’s meant to be a good way to wipe off sweat.
Additionally, this pair of gloves also uses a breathable material which is made of microfiber, that also helps to reduce your palm sweat when riding. It comes with air holes that give the gloves a better air flow.
To help reduce any potential impact when falling, it also comes with a shock-proof system. The padding on the gloves help to provide some shock-proof effect in the event you fall down from the bike.
Why we recommend this pair
- Many different colors and design to suit your own preference.
- Uses Terry Cloth to help absorb water when riding.
- EVS padding. It helps to reduce shock if you happen to fall down on your palms.
- Made out of breathable material and has ventilation holes to let some air flow within the gloves.
- Some designs have a velcro opening and some doesn’t. It’s not consistent across the board.
2. INBIKE Gloves
Next up, we have gloves from a brand named INBIKE. This one is also specifically made for mountain biking.
Like most good gloves, this one also comes with a breathable material. It helps to circulate air flow and provide better comfort when riding, especially in long distances.
These gloves also come with extra padding on the palms. It uses a 5 mm gel to help reduce any shock in case you fall down.
Their range of gloves also come with an adjustable hook and loop fastener. This feature is to help you adjust the tightness of the gloves for maximum comfort.
Why buy these gloves
- Comes with a hook and loop fastener. Helps with adjusting tightness.
- Also uses Terry Cloth. It absorbs water well which allows you to wipe off your sweat.
- Comes with extra padding to reduce any potential shock impact.
- Also made with breathable material.
- Glove fingers made of touchscreen material, allowing you to use your phone while wearing them.
- No huge disadvantage.
3. Seibertron Dirtpaw Mountain Bike Gloves
Another pair of gloves worth considering is this one by Seibertron. They have both adult sizes and youth sizes.
The features are pretty standard. It comes with some rubber graphics at the back of the hand and knuckles which are meant to protect your hands from potential impact.
Additionally, it does have very light padding at the palm-side which gives some protection as well. It also comes with touch recognition at the tip of the index finger, which is meant for usage on phones or other screens.
Advantages of the Seibertron
- Gloves are made breathable.
- Has touch screen capability on the index finger’s tip.
- Protection on the knuckle side of the gloves.
- Short-term warranty.
- Material used may stick to velcro.
- Sizing not very accurate.
- Insufficient padding for palms.
4. HTZPLOO Bike Gloves
Another pair of gloves you may want to consider is this pair from HTZPLOO. It comes in 7 different color schemes including black/green, black/blue and black/red.
The back of the glove is made of lycra material like most gloves do. Similarly, it also comes with a towel cloth at the thumb-side to help you wipe sweat. This design is apparent in most mountain bike gloves.
At the palm-side, you have material made of microfiber which is breathable. It also helps to absorb shock and reduce fatigue.
One added feature is two finger loops that help you to pull out the gloves once you’re done with it.
Why we recommend the HTZPLOO
- Small loops are convenient in removing the gloves.
- Made out of breathable material and has padding at certain areas to reduce any impact.
- It uses anti-slip silicone gel to help increase your grip.
- Thumb made of material suitable for wiping sweat.
- Padding doesn’t cover the entire palm.
5. QEPAE Mountain Bike Gloves
One of the coolest looking bike gloves on the list belongs to QEPAE.
The back of the glove is made of soft and breathable material, which is suitable regardless of the season. Also, they claim to have a composite velvet inside the glove which makes your hand warm during winter, and also absorb sweat during summer.
Like most gloves, it also has anti-slip features to strengthen your grip on the handlebar.
Additionally, there’s a buckle on the gloves for you to adjust the tightness.
It also has touch screen features on certain fingers.
Why buy the QEPAE gloves
- Interesting design.
- Uses composite velvet that is suitable for winter and summer.
- The palm is padded with ultra fiber and helps to reduce shock in the event of a fall.
- Uses a buckle to adjust the tightness of the gloves.
- On the cheaper side.
- Do not work well in the rain.
6. Nice Win Bike Gloves
Another brand worth considering is Nice Win. This one is probably the cheapest on this list.
It also comes in a few color schemes including yellow/black, green/black and red/black.
This pair of gloves is also meant for different seasons except maybe winter. The thumb also uses terry cloth to help wipe sweat when you’re riding.
One distinct feature is that the gloves is only for half-fingers, meaning your tips are exposed, just like the one from HTZPLOO.
Like other good gloves, this one has shock-proof elements thanks to its enhanced palm padding. This is to reduce potential impact when falling down.
There are also tabs that allow you to pull off the gloves easily.
Why we recommend the Nice Win gloves
- Has the usual features for mountain bike gloves such as added padding to absorb shock and utilizing breathable material to reduce heat.
- Has two pull tabs to allow you to pull off the gloves easily when you’re done biking.
- Suitable for spring, summer and autumn.
- One of the cheapest gloves.
- Insufficient padding for some people.
- Plastic coating may look cheap.
7. Arltb Bike Gloves
Another pair of mountain bike gloves worth considering is this pair by Arltb. It comes in only three different color schemes.
Like most gloves, it’s made of breathable material which allows it to dissipate heat when riding. It’s also pretty lightweight.
This glove also uses Terry Cloth design which helps you to wipe off your sweat when you’re riding. Apart from that, this pair of gloves is apparently good enough for winter use as well.
Arltb’s gloves are also considered to be multi-purpose. This means you can use the same gloves for other sports like mountain climbing or lifting at the gym.
Why buy the Arltb gloves
- Can be used for different sports as well.
- Comes with the usual breathable material plus the Terry Cloth design for sweat-wiping.
- Can be used in cold weather.
- Uses a foam pad design on the palm to help reduce shock or impact.
- Some feel that the gloves are not good enough for winter.
8. LuxoBike Gloves
LuxoBike is another half-finger type of glove on this list. It comes in about six different color schemes.
The back of the glove is made of lycra which is stretchable and it also comes with a velcro closure which is used for adjusting the tightness.
Like most gloves, it also comes with anti-slip material for you to grip the handlebar tightly.
Apart from that, you have the usual padded material to reduce shock and they’re placed on the palm-side of the gloves.
Pros of the LuxoBike gloves
- Comes with velcro closure that is used to adjust the tightness of the gloves.
- Towel cloth used on thumb that allows you to wipe sweat off easily.
- Padding on the palm which is shock-absorbing.
- Anti-slip material to give a better grip.
- Some may have had built quality issues.
Buying guide for mountain bike gloves
Below are some of the things you should consider before buying the right mountain bike glove.
1. Does it have padding?
One of the safety features that a mountain bike glove should have is sufficient padding. This helps to reduce shock / impact if you happen to fall down on your palms.
2. Terry Cloth design
Most of the gloves these days use a Terry Cloth design. This is a specific design that uses a towel cloth material on the thumb of the gloves. The whole purpose is to allow you to wipe off your sweat using your thumb alone.
You may want to find a glove that allows you to adjust the fitting. Some gloves come with a velcro closure that allows you to do that.
4. Check the size
One of the most important things is the sizing. If it doesn’t fit, then it won’t be comfortable or effective for you.
Check the sizing provided by the seller prior to buying. Also, look at reviews to see if the sizing provided matches well.
5. Added protection on the gloves
Apart from padding on the palms, check if there are added protection. Some gloves provide additional protection at the knuckle-side.
6. Price of the gloves
Most gloves should fall below the $20 mark.
7. Online reviews
Remember to look at online reviews as well to see if the gloves are as good as advertised. Many companies may engage in false advertising just to get customers.