Remember how much fun we used to have riding our bikes as kids? Most people would give their all just to experience the same careless fun again.
But the thing is, that’s near-impossible to do these days. In between having a job, a family, and a healthy social life, most people just don’t have the time to enjoy an occasional ride these days.
Some circumvent this by riding a bicycle to work.
Electric bikes are an excellent alternative for people who want to ride a bike but don’t necessarily want to go through the hassle of pedaling.
Adding an electric motor to a conventional bike takes most of the sweating out of the equation, allowing you to get to work or go wherever you want without having to worry about if whether or not you brought a change of clothes.
With that said, we took the time to round out some of the best electric bikes under 1000 dollars on the market.
Reasonably priced while making little compromise in terms of comfort, quality, and durability, the best electric bikes below 1000 will give you the most bang out of your buck, or so to speak.
|ANCHEER Power Plus Electric Mountain Bike, 26'' Electric Bike with Removable 36V 8Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, 21 Speed Shifter (Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
|ECOTRIC 26" Fat Bike Tire Wheel Men Snow Beach Mountain Electric Bicycle 500W Electric Moped||Prime||Buy Now|
|Nakto 20" 250W Foldaway Electric Bike Sport Mountain Bicycle with Lithium Battery||Prime||Buy Now|
|nakto 26" City Electric Bicycle Assisted Bicycle for Women with Removable 36V 10A Large Capacity Lithium Battery and Charger||Prime||Buy Now|
|Aceshin 26'' Electric Mountain Bike with Removable Large Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery (36V 250W), Electric Bike 21 Speed Gear and Three Working Modes||Prime||Buy Now|
Why You Should Buy An Electric Bike
Here are three reasons to help convince you why it’s worth buying an electric bike.
Contrary to popular belief, electric bikes aren’t 100% pollution-free. All motorized means of transportation today aren’t. However, compared to other modes of transportation, riding electric bikes make the least impact on the environment.
Climate change and global warming are changing the world as we know it today. This is why it’s important that we make a conscious effort to try and not harm the environment as much.
A good way to do this is to switch from using public transportation or using a car to using an electric bike.
Electric motors come with integrated motors. Because of this, they’re much better than conventional bikes.
Most, if not all, come with “pedal assist”, which is an option that lets you pedal less (or not pedal at all) while still maintaining proper speed to traverse anything from city streets to hills without overworking your body.
Electronic bikes are just like traditional bikes. The only difference is that they come with motors attached.
This is important to point out because this means that you can still use an electric bike like a traditional bike in case the power runs out.
This means that you have fitness-friendly option of using the pedal anytime you want, and once you get tired, you can turn on the motor to help give your tired and aching muscles some rest.
Some electronic bikes also come with additional accessories that make them better than traditional bikes.
Best Electric Bikes Under $1000
With all that’s said, here are some of the best options available in the market.
1. ANCHEER Power Plus
ANCHEER has become one of the go-to companies for electric bikes in recent years. One of the main reasons for this is the Power Plus.
The Power Plus doesn’t look any different from a conventional mountain bike. This is one of its main selling points. But looks isn’t the only reason why you’ll want to buy the Power Plus.
It’s literally like a typical mountain bike, which means that you can ride it through trails and tough terrains and people would be none the wiser.
Not to mention, you can get the Power Plus in different colors.
What makes the ANCHEER Power Plus Good?
- 1-Year Warranty. ANCHEER has protected the Power Plus with a 1-year warranty. This covers the motor, battery, and the charger.
- Modes. The problem with most electric bikes is that they’re usually built for one purpose. For example, some are great only for long commutes, while others are only for shorter rides. The Power Plus is great for both. You can use it as en electric bike exclusively, or as an assisted bicycle where the motor helps you pedal to relieve some of the stress from your legs.
- High Max Speed. The 15 MPH max speed from the 250W motor may not seem like much, but it’s much better than what other electric bikes can offer.
- ANCHEER customer service could use a bit of an improvement.
- Attaching pedals need to be more convenient.
2. ECOTRIC 26″ Fat Bike Tire
An alternative to the Power Plus from ANCHEER, the Ecotric Fat Tire electric bike is also one of the top electric bikes in this list.
If you’re looking for a electric bike that doesn’t feel like an electric bike, this is it. Not only does it NOT look like a typical electric bike, but it also doesn’t work like one at all.
The hybrid cycling and pedal assistance modes lets you pedal if you want, and use it as a conventional electric bike when you don’t want to.
Also, because of the Shimano 7-year shift and fat tires, it’s great for use pretty much anywhere and anytime you’d like.
What Makes the Fat Tire So Good?
- 24MPH Max Speed. Because of its Shimano 7-gear shift, your need for speed will be met with the ECOTRIC Fat Tire electric bike.
- 500W Motor Hub. The 500w motor hub is a lot bigger and more powerful than what other electric bikes are carrying. Combined with its high max speed, the ECOTRIC Fat Tire electric bike can get you anywhere you want, way faster than other electric bikes can.
- Fat Tires. The ECOTRIC Fat Tire is named so for nothing. Each tire is 26 x 4.0 inches wide. This means that it’s pretty big and fat, which creates a safe and stable cycling experience.
- Removable Battery. The 36v removable lithium cell battery can last for around 400-600 charging cycles.
- Bike doesn’t work too well on ice
- Fairly basic controls
3. Nakto 250W Folding Bike
Unspectacular and plain don’t need to be negative, as the Nakto Folding Bike will show you.
The Nakto Folding Bike is not a looker. It looks simple. However, it’s also reliable, which is great. It also folds for easy storage, and surprisingly enough, can reach top speeds of up to 21 mph, and although the 250W motor isn’t the most powerful, it provides plenty enough power to get you through the city.
While the Nakto Folding bike definitely isn’t perfect, it’s well worth considering if you don’t intend to splurge.
What Makes the Nakto Folding Bike So Good?
- Affordable. If you’re looking for an affordable weekend ride, the Nakto Folding Bike is a good choice. It’s one of the cheapest on our round-up, and on the market, especially when you consider its feature set and how affordable it is compared to other electric bikes with the same features.
- Foldable. This electric bike folds. This means that you can fit it inside the truck of your car easily, even if your car has limited space. Also, for added security, there is a 2-part locking mechanism holding the frame.
- Commendable top speed. With speeds ranging anywhere from 15MPH to 21MPH, the Nakto Folding Bike is quite fast.
- Expect to skid on wet surface or gravel because most of the weight of the Nakto Folding Bike leans more towards the rear.
- There’s no option to turn off the pedal assist.
4. Nakto City Electric Bike
Whereas the Nakto Folding Bike was made for the weekend and shorter rides, the Nakto City Electric Bike is meant to be your daily driver.
If ever the perfect utility electric bike existed, this one comes the closest.
Built to run in the city, the 250W brushless motor can get you up to speeds of 15-16 MPH on its own with little to no help.
It’s also made to be comfortable and convenient to use, with additional features like a LED headlight, a rear cargo rack, a cargo basket, as well as a kickstand, that completes its functional and utilitarian look.
What Makes the Nakto City Electric Bike So Good?
- The Perfect Urban Commuter. Fitted with a LED headlight, as well as a rear cargo rack, and a cargo basket, plus a kickstand, the Nakto City Electric Bike was built with urban commuting in mind. You’ll have a lot of fun using this electric bike to run errands and go to work, among other things.
- Improved Brakes and Suspension Fork. The hydraulic brakes gives the Nakto City Electric Bike some extra stopping power. Meanwhile, the new air suspension fork creates a more comfortable riding experience.
- Reasonably priced. Most of the features found on this electric bike are often only found in more expensive models. This includes, among others, a separate frame style for men and women, as well as the on-the-go motor engagement switch for when you need the extra power.
- The lack of aesthetic appeal can be a deal-breaker for people looking for an electric bike that’s a bit more stylish.
5. Aceshin Electric Mountain Bike
Aceshin may not receive as much attention as ECOTRIC and ANCHEER when it comes to electric bikes, but, boy, do they make some good products.
This electric mountain bike is a good example.
The Aceshin electric bike is equipped with all of the necessary features for city riding and off-road use. It also uses a durable, rust-resistant aluminum alloy for its frame for added durability.
Also, in terms of build quality, it’s hard to find any reason to complain about how well made this electric bike is.
What Makes the Aceshin Electric Mountain Bike great?
- Great for off-road use and on smooth surfaces. The carbon steel front suspension fork, as well as rust-resistant aluminum alloy frame, and double-layer 26-inch aluminum alloy wheels, all combine to create a strong and comfortable ride on both rough and smooth terrains.
- Strong construction and build quality. Weighing at around 50 pounds with the battery, the Aceshin Electric Mountain Bike can withstand a lot of punishment. In fact, it’s said to be capable of handling up to 330 pounds. Plus, with front and rear disc brakes, you can rely on a comfortable and safe ride regardless of the surface.
- This electric bike was also built to be ergonomic. It comes with height-adjustable seats and handlebar.
- High-speed Gear System. This electric bike is comprised of a 21-speed transmission. It comes with electric-only and pedal-assisted modes of operation, as well as three different levels of assistance. It is this system that helps this electric bike switch to higher gears with relative ease.
- Weighs a lot heavier compared to other electric bikes.
- Pedals feel cheap
How to Choose an Electric Bike
It’s not easy to choose an electric bike. This is especially true when you consider their high cost.
If you don’t choose carefully, you might end up wasting your money on the wrong bike. In worse cases, you might even get into an accident because you bought the wrong bike for the wrong purpose.
Consider these factors when choosing a bike to get the most out of your money.
This is the most important thing. Electric bikes rely a lot on their batteries. A bad battery can give you low mileage and pretty much render the electric bike useless for your own purpose.
Pay close attention to how long an electric battery can last and how long it takes to charge.
Let’s face it, all you want to do is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. The only way to do that is to move at decent speeds.
Ideally, an electric bike should reach speeds between 15MPH to 20MPH easily.
If you have to spend more to get an electric bike that won’t break down on you before you can afford a new one, you need something that’s well-constructed. If you can, go for an electric bike with an aluminum frame.
Basically, the more solid the build of the electric bike, the more worthy it is of your investment.
These are the best electric bikes below the price of a grand on the market today.
Sure, $1,000 isn’t exactly nothing. However, when you consider that’s also how much most well-constructed bikes cost, the cost of quality electric bikes starts to become more reasonable.
Not to mention, at this price range, you can expect electric bikes built to last you for a long time if not for an entire lifetime.
Thanks to our guide, you’ll find it much easier to choose the most suitable electric bikes under this budget.